Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

Last night I clicked on the left side of the start up

Last night I clicked on the left side of the start up button, because I wanted a black screen while I was downloading files. Today I can't get back to anything but a black screen. Probably a simple fix but I an not computer literate.
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?
Customer: Asus K52F Since last night
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes, Microsoft sent some recently
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Can I offer you remote support so I can look into your issue and resolve your problem?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm working off my desktop computer now. The issue is with my laptop which has a black screen now.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How will you remotely connect to my laptop. This computer is OK.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you going to respond?

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

First, please HOLD down the Power button on the ASUS laptop for atleast 30 seconds, and then release the button.

Next, press the Power button one more time - does it boot up all right this time?

Please reply at the box below; thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No

OK, I see that you had opted out the previous expert earlier. Let me open up your question to our other experts who will be able to assist further; you will be automatically notified by email when another expert picks this up. Thank you.

Before that, please try one more thing:

Disconnect the power cable from the laptop and remove the battery from the back as well.

Next, HOLD down the Power button for atleast 60 seconds this time.

Next, re-connect the power cable and press the Power button again - does it boot up now?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok Bryan that fixed it. Thanks

Great! Kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on one of the five stars at the top of this page > Submit. Thank you.

Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: 8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This guy is worth the fee, but the others I dealt with only wanted to charge an additional fee to remotely log in to my computer. As I stated to them, the computer in question was locked on a black screen. I wouldn't have been able to log in to the remote internet site. Bryan had the correct answer to my problem.