Today I got a phone call that my Microsoft license is

Today I got a...

Today I got a phone call that my Microsoft license is expired. Is this true?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

HP15 with Win 10

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I believe so

8/11/2017
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

If you received any call from a service claiming to be Microsoft, please disregard them - that's a bogus third-party service and not affiliated with Microsoft in any way. They show bogus alerts and/or cold call users and try to trick them into allowing them remote access to their systems, and then install their worthless software and other malware while charging the users for doing so.

As long as you did not provide this party with your financial info or allow them remote access, you are safe - just ignore their calls as they come. Your Windows license will never expire.

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

And, kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on one of the five stars at the top of this page > Submit. Thank you.

Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
I didn't know that such a Service was available. It was very helpful. Thankyou again . I will probably use it again.