Cris
Cris, Support Specialist
Experience:  10 years of IT experience in both business and residential.
10156100

I'm getting a popup that says my Microsoft license has

I'm getting a popup that says my Microsoft license has expired and prevents me from the internet.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: HP Pavilion desktop A1 running windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no I was getting little black popups on the bottom right of my screen & was afraid I would mess something up since I'm just learning
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I also got a popup that locked the page & said I had a zeus virus & to call an 800 number & thought it was a scam

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

It appears you have a virus on your system causing the issue. The pop up is for sure a scam, can I offer you remote support so I can remote into your PC so that I can help remove any virus issues and the pop ups?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have a Doctor appt at 3 and don't have time now
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't have to be here?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I must leave right now

I will need you to first connect me. If not we can connect when you get back. I will send you the link right now.

Use the link below, click on Agree then download and run/open the file for the remote session.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=6f91d2d6-d154-4c6b-ba10-d60e9c2bba1b

Let me know when you would like to continue? I will be available until 5PM eastern time.

Then again about 6:30 or 7PM eastern time for a few hours. If not I am back online tomorrow from 9am-4pm eastern time. We can continue with the remote during any of those times.