Computer is fine. I would like to know if I have Microsoft…

Customer Question
Computer is fine....

Computer is fine. I would like to know if I have Microsoft security protection on this computer. Geek squad is sending me a message that my Web Root software is expiring and the renewal is $99.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

Inspiron 15, 7000 Series / Windows

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Can't remember when, but yes Not sure when, but yes

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/7/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Josh, Support Specialist

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Windows always has built-in security called Windows Defender on your computer. If the computer is saying that your security is not enabled, please let me know and I can help you turn it on.

You can download Malwarebytes as well which works with Windows Defender so that you do not have to buy Webroot again. The link to Malwarebytes is here: https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thankyou/