My wife use to be able to listen to pandora on her Note 4…

Customer Question
My wife use to...

My wife use to be able to listen to pandora on her Note 4 and talk to me at the same time, we upgraded to the samsung S8+ and she cant do it anymore. is there a setting to change so she can do it again?

Technician's Assistant: What Samsung model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Model S8+ and android version 7.0 ( experience version 8.1)

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

Pandora 8.6

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

Just been trying to find some setting or ask anyone. just starting

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?

Not really

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
8/7/2017
Tech Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. It would be my pleasure to assist you. How does your wife listen to Pandora? Is she using headphones (wired or bluetooth) or connecting to a blue tooth speaker? When a call comes in and she accepts it does the music stop and then resume after the call?

When we drive to San Diego from Las Vegas, we talk on the phone to help us keep an eye on the traffic. She would have the phone plugged into a casset for the radio on her lexus and she would listen to the pandora (so would I ) on the way down. It was hands free. And I would be listening to her on my radio in my truck via bluetooth.

Thank you for that information. Please give me just a few minutes to research this and provide a detailed list of troubleshooting procedures.

I'll need to ask a few more questions. Is your wife's Lexus not equipped with Bluetooth? Is that why she uses the cassette adapter? Also, has she checked her phone for any updates from the Google Play Store for the Pandora APP and/or any OS updates for the phone?

No the Lexus is a 2001. only casette, and no on the updaates

I apologize for the delay in responding. I had an out of the office appointment. My first suggestion would be that she check for any updates that might be available for her phone. Here's how to do that:

1. From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Tap Software update.
  4. Tap Download updates manually.
  5. Tap OK.
  6. Tap Start.
  7. A restart message will appear, tap OK.

The next thing I recommend is that she go to the Google Play Store and tap on UPDATES (usually at the bottom of the screen) and apply any available updates for apps that she has purchased or downloaded on her phone, ESPECIALLY any Pandora app updates. Please try this and let me know the results. Thank you!

Andy, Computer Consultant