My whole screen went black except for writing, acer

Customer Question
My whole screen went...

My whole screen went black except for writing

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?

Acer chromebook 11 cb3-131 its brand new. I had an older acer same model & everything that screen went black on and then it just quit working. So thats why I ordered this one.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Not that I am aware of, Itried to increase font but no luck. I am handicapped & bedridden so please bear with me if I am slow.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?

Not that i know of. thanks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
8/7/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast replied 11 months ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I'm sorry about the issue, please try pressing and holding the power button for 30 seconds or so to make sure it's actually fully powered off, then wait a small while and turn it back on, if the problem persists try holding down ESC and the Refresh Key (like F3) and then hitting the power button.

Let me the know the results

Thank you

Has everything worked out, do you still need help please?