Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I received a notice on my outlook e mail for a free download

Customer Question

I received a notice on my outlook e mail for a free download of a product that is supposed to protect e mails of all types, ( g mail outlook, etc.) for malware, etc. I already have web rood and the Windows 10 firewall on this computer ( HP Envy m6 model laptop).
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I received an e mail that offered a free download that was supposed to specifically protect all types of e mails from mal ware etc.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I received an e mail that offered a free down load of a screen that was supposed to stop malware from entering e mails in particular. It this legitimate and do I need it. I already have Webroot and Windos 10 firewall. Is this a legitimate app and do I need it?
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have received an e )
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

Please ignore and delete these types of emails as they come - they are sent out by bogus third-party services, providing "free" software that come bundled with malware and other threats.

Webroot automatically scans any attachments that you download from your emails, and if you want to use a trusted, free anti-spam software as well, you may download MailWasher from here:

http://www.mailwasher.net/

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

And, kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on one of the five stars at the top of this page > Submit. Thank you.