David L
David L, Systems Engineer
Experience:  Microsoft & Cisco Certified with over 20 years experience
13852270

I recently added second HD, 3TB. Everysince when I open a

Customer Question

I recently added second HD, 3TB. Everysince when I open a file, usually photo or vid, at first it is fine, but second time I get message,'The object invoked has disconnected from it's client.' This is with the second HD,D: or first or thumb drive. If I close and reboot works once then same error. PC seems to work fine otherwise. I built it 5-6 years ago.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: I built it 5-6 years ago. Originally XP then upgraded to Win 7 then Win 8 and about a year ago to WIN 10. Do you need to know components? New HD is Seagate 3TB SATA. Boot drive is Seagate 300MB.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No, but I haven't been using it for last few months. When I did WIN 10 upgrade it kept locking up. I got some updates back then and it seemed to correct problem, but I haven't used it mush. When I went to using my other PC I copied most Pics and vids to thumb drive. They all seemed to work fine then. After adding 3tb hd the problem appeared.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Computer
Expert:  David L replied 2 months ago.

My name is David.

This error often appears when files are associated with a program that cannot open the file. To resolve the issue go to one of the file (photos or video) that produce the error and right click on the file and click Properties. Near the top of the window that appears there is an "Opens with" line and a "Change" button. Click the Change button and select the program you wish to use to open the file and then click Apply and OK. Then test the new configuration by opening that file and other files of that same type to see if the issue is resolved. If this configuration change resolves the issue perform the same procedure on every file type that has caused the error to appear.

Please let me know if you need assistance with any of the steps and the result.

Thanks,

David.

Expert:  David L replied 2 months ago.

Did you need further assistance?

If not please remember to provide a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

Thanks,

David.