Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service
93584285

I received a strangel email the other day it states I

Customer Question

Hello. I received a strangel email the other day it states I purchased something from Apple but I haven't
JA: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?
Customer: Im on my Iphone
JA: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?
Customer: I am not sure?
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am not very technical so I am at a loss Also I received email today from Apple Help about disabling account
Category: Computer
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Did you click on the email and open it?

Did it ask you to log in and confirm?

What did the email say and who was it from 'the url' exactly?

Do you still have it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry I am ignorant when it comes to these things. I trashed the original but kept the latest

Ok, that helps alot. But did you delete it in programs and features or did you just send it to trash

by deleting the icon?

This will determine if we need a full download and what browser are you using to download it?

What browser are you using? firefox/chrome/safari/internet explorer/edge?

Dark blue e is for edge on the taskbar. Light blue e is internet explorer on 10.

Firefox is a blue globe with an orange fox on it and Chrome is a red/green/yellow/blue circle.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sent it to trash
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Safari it's on my phone

Ok, that is probably why you are having issues for it.

We need to make sure you are completely uninstalled. What aol did you have before (did it get downloaded from the apple store)

and what version is your iphone?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am not sure about AOL. I phone 6

Im sorry, do you mean you trashed the email itself?

Or do you mean the program?

If you just deleted the email and you did not open the links on it, sign in etc. Then you should be fine.

Some will use those links to get you to click on it and fill it out for 'scams' to steal your passwords, info etc.

Do you have an antivirus on the phone?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am so confused

If you just trashed the email and you didnt follow directions to give your information, fill anything out etc.

You should be fine.

But we need to see if you have a virus scan on your phone just to make sure nothing attached itself to your

phone.

Your version of iphone may determine what you have.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I 6

Ok, you are on a newer version. You should be fine without the antivirus. You can read about that here.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/iphones-dont-need-antivirus-software,news-23111.html

I can recommend a free version for you if you would like.

The top antiviruses if you feel you would like to add that to your phone are:

1. Avast Secure Me

2. Lookout Mobile Security

3. McAfee Mobile Security

4. Norton Mobile Security

5. VirusBarrier

You can find them here:

https://technofizi.net/top-best-anti-virus-for-iphone-ipad-ios-free-download/

Other than that, you will be fine. You did the right thing by trashing it. Next time you should block that site

as well. It will copy microsoft, apple etc, and appear normal, but there is usually always odd characters in the url

that tells you it is not right.

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am listed as successful and credited by the companies ledger

of solutions finished. If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue as opposed to closing out the question and email

updates between us.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am just confused and hate that I may have been comprised and not know it I didn't even realize I contacted your company I thought I had reached Apple.

We are tech support for many different companies. Apple as well for their software and devices.