I have a new smart phone that will be using as my internet…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new smart phone that will be using as my internet hotspot. When I dialed in and turned on the phone hot spot everything went well. My computer saw the signal, I entered the password ***** my signal strength was excellent. When I tried to go to my home page it said that I was not connected to a network. So I clicked on the fix connection problem it said that my DNS experiencing problems. I went back to my current Sprint hotspot, which will expire on 8/10, everything is O.K. I called U.S. Cellular and she said that she was not familiar with this issue and recommended that I contact you. So here I am.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tested the connections by doing a ping utility test?

I have no idea what that is.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?

Just wondering why my old hotspot hooked up but this new one has this DNS issue.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
8/5/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 1 year ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

We are sorry to know that you are experiencing problems. I'm Kumar and I'll assist you further.

Can you please let me know which URL you were trying to connect?

Thanks,

Kumar