Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a new smart phone that will be using as my internet

Customer Question

I have a new smart phone that will be using as my internet hotspot. When I dialed in and turned on the phone hot spot everything went well. My computer saw the signal, I entered the password ***** my signal strength was excellent. When I tried to go to my home page it said that I was not connected to a network. So I clicked on the fix connection problem it said that my DNS experiencing problems. I went back to my current Sprint hotspot, which will expire on 8/10, everything is O.K. I called U.S. Cellular and she said that she was not familiar with this issue and recommended that I contact you. So here I am.
JA: Have you tested the connections by doing a ping utility test?
Customer: I have no idea what that is.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just wondering why my old hotspot hooked up but this new one has this DNS issue.
Category: Computer
Expert:  P. Kumar replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

We are sorry to know that you are experiencing problems. I'm Kumar and I'll assist you further.

Can you please let me know which URL you were trying to connect?

Thanks,

Kumar