My Google Play will not download completely only goes about…

Customer Question
My Google Play will not...
My Google Play will not download completely only goes about halfway of installation and stops is Google having a problem with technical issues why should I have to pay if Google is having issues
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
8/5/2017
Tech Support Specialist: AMIT, Information Systems Manager replied 11 months ago
AMIT
AMIT, Information Systems Manager

What device are you using? Is this a tablet if so what brand? or is it a phone?

Mine is a phone Alcatel 4060a

Step 1: Tap Menu icon and then tap “Settings”.
Step 2: Tap “Applications” and then tap “Manage Applications”.
Step 3: Now, go to “All”.
Step 4: A list of all applications will be displayed. Find “Google Play Store” and tap to select it.
Step 5: A new window will open where you will see many options. Find “Force Close” and tap on it. This will close the application if it is running in the background.
Step 6: Now, tap on “Clear Data”. Clear Cache as well.
Step 7: Tap on “Uninstall Updates”. If any update was installed then this will uninstall all those updates.
Step 8: Now, go to Google Play Store and search for your desired app.
Step 9: Download an app or game and enjoy.

Update: If you are trying to download any app from Google Play Store, but it is stuck and the above method didn’t work for you then try the method below:

• Go to Application Manager.
  • Click on Reset All Preferences tab.
  • Bunch of apps will open again and Now go back to Google play store. You will notice that the download will start again.

After doing all the above if it is still not working follow the following in level. Do number 1 first and see if that works for you.

1. Clear the Play Store cache

In most of the cases, all that is needed to be done is clearing the Play Stores cache, which is basically where the application holds its temporary data and helps your device load the Play Store faster. Clearing the cache would clear this temporary data and this might just do the trick for you.

In order to clear the cache, Settings > Apps > All Apps > Google Play Store and then finally tap on Clear Cache.

2. Clear the Play Store data:

Clearing the Play Store data would revert the application back to as it was initially, which means any data or your saved information will be gone. It’s like setting up your Google Play Store once again.

In order to clear the data, Settings > Apps > All Apps > Google Play Store and then finally tap on Clear Data.

3. Uninstall Play Store Updates:

Sometimes, an update will do more harm then good to you and you will need to revert back to a version which was working for you before the update messed everything up.

In order to uninstall updates, Settings > Apps > All Apps > Google Play Store and the finally tap on Uninstall Updates.

4. Clear Data and Cache on Google Play Services

Google Play Services is basically that application that allows the communication between different applications on your android device. Clearing the data and cache on this application might help fix the issue. This will most probably fix Google Play Store not downloading issue on Android phone.

In order to do this, Settings > Apps > All Apps > Google Play Services and just tap on Clear Data and Clear Cache.

5. Reset Your Google Account:

If the Google Play Store still isn’t working, you might want to try and reset your account. This basically means having to remove your account and add it again.

In order to reset your account, Settings > Accounts > Google and then tap on the menu at the top and tap Remove.
Next, go to Settings > Accounts > Add New Account and simply add the same account again.

Reply later