David L
David L, Systems Engineer
Experience:  Microsoft & Cisco Certified with over 20 years experience
13852270

I just purchased Hoyle Card Games because I had an old copy

Customer Question

I just purchased Hoyle Card Games because I had an old copy which did
JA: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: not work. I had the new copy downloaded and it also does not work in that I cannot get some of the games like Cribbage to respond and do anything. I have just gone through changing the User
JA: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Accounts on the Control Panel and that also has done nothing to make it
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: work. What do I need to do to be able to use this product? Thank you, ***** *****
Category: Computer
Expert:  David L replied 2 months ago.

My name is David.

First, is the Hoyle Card Games program now installed on your computer or do you need assistance to install it?

Thanks,

David.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is installed. In fact, I have two copies installed now.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't understand why I have to pay to get Customer support on a newly installed product. I have already paid just to get to
talk to you and now should pay again? Why doesn't Wynwit back up their products?
Expert:  David L replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for the additional information.

So since Hoyle Cards is not installed, are you able to run Hoyle Cards or do errors occur when you run the card game?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hoyle Card Game is installed, two copies of it
Expert:  David L replied 2 months ago.

Ok thanks.

When you try running the Hoyle Card Game does it run?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The Hoyle Card Game runs in that it comes up and I can scroll through the various games. I also played Hearts once.
However when I try to play Cribbage the main screen comes up but I cannot play the games. The same with some other games.
Expert:  David L replied 2 months ago.

Ok thanks.

What is the make and model of your computer?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is a Toshiba Laptop. Satellite S875
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is running Windows 10
Expert:  David L replied 2 months ago.

Ok thanks.

Please close the Hoyle Games program.

Then right click on the Hoyle Games icon that you use to start the game and click Properties, then click the Compatibility tab and click the check box to run the program in compatibility mode and click Apply then OK. Then double click on the Hoyle Games icon to start the program and try playing Cribbage again and let me know the result.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have to leave here in about 25 minutes and must also get some lunch before I leave.
Can I wait until this evening and who can I contact then to resume this?
Expert:  David L replied 2 months ago.

Yes we can resume this discussion later today.

Also, I can offer secure remote access assistance to access your computer and troubleshoot the issue for you as well.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK. I will try your solution when I return and will contact you then.
Thanks.
Expert:  David L replied 2 months ago.

Ok sounds good.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
HI David:
I did as you instructed in that I closed Hoyle, right clicked on the Hoyle icon, but did not find Properties, and did not find compatibility, etc so nothing happened. It is still the same as before. I am willing to let you connect remotely but don't think I should have to pay extra for it. I have already paid $40 some.
Thank you,
Darryl
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
David:
I realize today is Sunday and you may not be working. Will I hear anything from you today, or are you off today?
Expert:  David L replied 2 months ago.

Yes I will be working today.

Regarding compatibility mode it may help to have some screenshots with the instructions. So please follow the instructions in the web page at the link below to enable compatibility mode for the Hoyle card game:

click here

Please let me know if you need assistance with any of the steps.

Thanks,

David.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi David:
I went to the link you provided to enable compatibility and nothing happened. I am at the point where I think I would be better off without Hoyle Card Games. How do I go about asking for a refund?
Expert:  David L replied 2 months ago.

I can contact customer service for you and let them know that you have asked for a refund.

Depending upon the computer graphics capabilities of your computer, the issue may also be video chip related or not enough memory to run the graphics. In that case you would have to upgrade your hardware.

Customer service will be in contact with you shortly.

Thanks,

David.