I just purchased Hoyle Card Games because I had an old copy…

Customer Question
I just purchased Hoyle...

I just purchased Hoyle Card Games because I had an old copy which did

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Not work. I had the new copy downloaded and it also does not work in that I cannot get some of the games like Cribbage to respond and do anything. I have just gone through changing the User

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Accounts on the Control Panel and that also has done nothing to make it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?

Work. What do I need to do to be able to use this product? Thank you, ***** *****

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/5/2017
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 10 months ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

First, is the Hoyle Card Games program now installed on your computer or do you need assistance to install it?

Thanks,

David.

It is installed. In fact, I have two copies installed now.
I don't understand why I have to pay to get Customer support on a newly installed product. I have already paid just to get to
talk to you and now should pay again? Why doesn't Wynwit back up their products?

Thank you for the additional information.

So since Hoyle Cards is not installed, are you able to run Hoyle Cards or do errors occur when you run the card game?

Hoyle Card Game is installed, two copies of it

Ok thanks.

When you try running the Hoyle Card Game does it run?

The Hoyle Card Game runs in that it comes up and I can scroll through the various games. I also played Hearts once.
However when I try to play Cribbage the main screen comes up but I cannot play the games. The same with some other games.

Ok thanks.

What is the make and model of your computer?

It is a Toshiba Laptop. Satellite S875
It is running Windows 10

Ok thanks.

Please close the Hoyle Games program.

Then right click on the Hoyle Games icon that you use to start the game and click Properties, then click the Compatibility tab and click the check box to run the program in compatibility mode and click Apply then OK. Then double click on the Hoyle Games icon to start the program and try playing Cribbage again and let me know the result.

I have to leave here in about 25 minutes and must also get some lunch before I leave.
Can I wait until this evening and who can I contact then to resume this?

Yes we can resume this discussion later today.

Also, I can offer secure remote access assistance to access your computer and troubleshoot the issue for you as well.

OK. I will try your solution when I return and will contact you then.
Thanks.

Ok sounds good.

Thank you.

HI David:
I did as you instructed in that I closed Hoyle, right clicked on the Hoyle icon, but did not find Properties, and did not find compatibility, etc so nothing happened. It is still the same as before. I am willing to let you connect remotely but don't think I should have to pay extra for it. I have already paid $40 some.
Thank you,
Darryl
David:
I realize today is Sunday and you may not be working. Will I hear anything from you today, or are you off today?

Yes I will be working today.

Regarding compatibility mode it may help to have some screenshots with the instructions. So please follow the instructions in the web page at the link below to enable compatibility mode for the Hoyle card game:

click here

Please let me know if you need assistance with any of the steps.

Thanks,

David.

Hi David:
I went to the link you provided to enable compatibility and nothing happened. I am at the point where I think I would be better off without Hoyle Card Games. How do I go about asking for a refund?

I can contact customer service for you and let them know that you have asked for a refund.

Depending upon the computer graphics capabilities of your computer, the issue may also be video chip related or not enough memory to run the graphics. In that case you would have to upgrade your hardware.

Customer service will be in contact with you shortly.

Thanks,

David.

David L
David L
David L, Systems Engineer