UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator
Experience:  Network and System Administrator, IT Consultant
98676717

Why are you putting adds on skype when i am talking to

Customer Question

why are you putting adds on skype when i am talking to someone there is an annoying add i think it is pathetic
JA: When did you last update Skype?
Customer: tried but it became complicated
JA: What have you tried so far with your Skype?
Customer: why are there adds
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes why are there adds on skype
Category: Computer
Expert:  UranIT replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, pay-per-answer service, I am Serge and I will try my best to assist you.

Do you have a free Skype account?

Expert:  UranIT replied 2 months ago.

Here is your answer:

As per Skype website:

"Why are there advertisements for other companies in Skype?

Occasionally, you may see advertisements for other companies in Skype (if you're using the free version of Skype). Advertisements help keep Skype free for millions of users, and these advertisements will not disrupt your Skype experience in any way.

If you have purchased some Skype Credit or a subscription, you will not see advertisements for other companies in Skype.

To provide ads that are of greater interest to you, we may use non-personally identifiable Skype profile information (including profile information from a linked Microsoft account), such as age, gender, country of residence and language preference, as well as other information Microsoft Advertising collects outside the Skype software. If you do not want to share this information with advertisers, you can change your privacy settings.

If you opt-out, you will still receive advertisements based on your country of residence, language preference, and IP address location, but other targeting information will not be used."

link to this article: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA10942/why-are-there-advertisements-for-other-companies-in-skype

If you feel I answered your question - please choose a RATING by choosing from the STARS at the top. There is no extra cost to rate my answers 5 stars.
If you are not satisfied with my answer or if you just have additional follow up questions you'd like to ask, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Expert:  UranIT replied 2 months ago.

Have I answered your question?