Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

My new magicjackGO will not boot on startup of my computer;

Customer Question

My new magicjackGO will not boot on startup of my computer; I must unplug it and reinsert it before it will function
JA: When did you last charge your magicJackGo?
Customer: A few minutes ago
JA: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the Power button)?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

Just to clarify, are you running Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 10?

Please reply at the box below; thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
10
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 months ago.

PS: Please ignore any remote assistance offer (simply "X" it out) shown on this page; it's sent by our site and not by me. We do not need to do a remote session, and I'll reply back to you below now.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 months ago.

Please do this now:

Right-click on a free area on the taskbar at the bottom, and then click "Task Manager."

Next, click on the "Startup" tab at the top.

Do you see a "magicJack (cdloader2)" item listed there? If so, is it enabled or disabled?

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 months ago.

I closed out the other duplicate question you just opened up; please be sure to reply back to me on this page itself.

Could you let me know if you carried out the steps provided in my last reply (see above)?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I clicked on Task Manager and got a window that did not show cdloader2
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 months ago.

OK; in the Task Manager, click on the Startup tab at the top first, and then check the list of startup items. Keep me posted.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no startup list ; task manager shows all programs and cpu usage
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 months ago.

In that case, you are not using Windows 10 but an earlier version of Windows. Can we go ahead with a free remote session so that I can troubleshoot this directly with you now?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
my mistake, there is a startup list and magicjack cdloader is enabled
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hello, Bryan are you there?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 months ago.

I see; in that case, the MagicJack startup item does seem to be enabled and operational, and so I'll need to dig further to check what exactly is blocking the item from starting up normally at bootup. If you are still uncomfortable with a free remote session, please let me know and I'll open up your question to our other experts who will be able to assist further from here. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
my resources are very limited and since I have already spent that kind of $ for an item that is NOT better than my previous magicjack which I used for the last 5 or more years, I will decline.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 months ago.

Oh, please do not worry about that paid remote assistance offer that showed on this page earlier - it's automatically sent by our site and NOT by me. I'll waive off that entire fee so our remote session will come at no extra charge at all. Do let me know; thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That seems reasonable to me Bryan, thank you. I yearn for the days when tech assistance was only a phone call.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 months ago.

No problem, let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:

https://www.fastsupport.com/399941410
Follow the on-screen prompts to open/run the remote file, and click Yes when prompted to allow the remote connection. We will then be connected.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 months ago.

Connected now; thank you.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 months ago.

Let me open up your question to our other experts who will be able to assist further; you will be automatically notified by email when another expert picks this up. Thank you.