I had a message through computer that my computer is going…

Customer Question
I had a message...

I had a message through computer that my computer is going to not work any time unless I follow their instruction. and they are Microsoft.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

And I discovered they are not Microsoft. it is some thing else. it phone number is ***** their speech accent is not American. they charge me $369. now they call me back they have a problem. they are going to teach me how to fix it. I told them I don't have time now.I want to check threw Microsoft about this matter. Is this safe or one of no good?

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
8/4/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Josh, Support Specialist

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Unfortunately, that message is a scam message that will lead to a scam company that will pretend to be associated with Microsoft.

If you allowed them access to your computer or paid them any money, I can connect to your computer to make sure it is safe.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.