UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator
Experience:  Network and System Administrator, IT Consultant
98676717

How does a customer pay for services? I was asked to pay via

Customer Question

how does a customer pay for services?
JA: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine.
Customer: I was asked to pay via Amazon with a gift card, is this right
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: HP hp
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I had a call from a person who said they were from LT support and thet there were virus on my pc, I paid an amount on my card and he put in some protection for life time protection, then another call from another person who said my pc had been hacked, he said he would correct this and said I would have to pay $311 for 3 years, I have been trying to pay this but for some reason the payment has not gone through, so today he said I could pay it through Amazon with a gift card, is this a scam or not?
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: are you there?
Category: Computer
Expert:  UranIT replied 2 months ago.

yes, its a complete scam, you should never talk to them or let them into your computer.

here is a note from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/giftcardscams/b?ie=UTF8&node=15435487011

Expert:  UranIT replied 2 months ago.

and one more reading on the subject: http://www.denverpost.com/2016/11/07/cyber-stranger-fraud/

Expert:  UranIT replied 2 months ago.

If you feel I answered your question - please choose a RATING by choosing from the STARS at the top. Hopefully you feel I have earned 3 or more stars for my service. There is no additional cost to you for giving a 5-star rating.
If you are not satisfied with my answer or if you just have additional follow up questions you'd like to ask, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Expert:  UranIT replied 2 months ago.

Do you still require assistance on the issue?
Waiting for your reply.