I had majicjack a few years ago and didn't have a great

Customer Question
Hello I had majicjack...

Hello I had majicjack a few years ago and didn't have a great experience,i really need a home so I'm trying you all again

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

My computer is DELL

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything in a very long time, but I want to try again with your help maybe I can succeed

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?

I have a magicjack block but haven't been able to use it

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
8/4/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer replied 1 year ago
Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

Please let me know which problem you are facing in it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
unable to connect and make or receive calls
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't want additional support! No thank you please DO NOT CHARGE MY CARD FOR ANYTHING ADDITIONAL!!!

Sure, Please cancel that offer. Justanswer sends automated notification.

The MJ works as long as you have a network connection.

Here are a couple of different steps to try. Please follow them in order:

On your softphone, please do the following:

1. Click "Menu" on the top right-hand corner

2. Click "Advanced Users"

3. Click "Restart"

If that does not work:

Please check that your computer's date and time are correct.

Please Click Here to download and run the upgrade.

If that does not work:

Disable any antivirus that may be running on your system and try again.

If that does not work:

Please open port 49152-65535 UDP on ALL firewalls and your router, if

you have one. (Router ports can be opened via the web application

applicable to your router).

Restart MagicJack again by following the three steps above.

How to access Web Application for router

Start > Run > Type in cmd > Press ENTER

A command prompt will open

Type ipconfig > press ENTER

Make note / write down name of the default gateway and IP address

Open your Internet Browser

Type in the default gateway IP (Example: 192.168.1.1)

Type in Username and Password

Find "Port Forwarding" and Forward Port 49152-65535 UDP for the IP address you located earlier.

Restart your magicJack and try again.