Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Networks & Security Engineer
76221641

I received a message warning about RDN/Trojan.worm. A number

Customer Question

I received a message warning about RDN/Trojan.worm. A number was given and I called it. Then I received about 6 calls from GEEK AMERICAS(sp). The person lead me to believe they worked for Microsoft. Nothing I read said Microsoft. So, do I have a problem? Can you help get it off my computer?
JA: What Microsoft model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: Office 365 Home? Not sure the model. Sorry, a desk top, does that help?
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?
Customer: Read my last message. Desk not laptop. And I am not able to answer the model. But the brand is HP.
JA: What have you tried so far with your HP? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't know enough to have questions. The man I spoke to said it was something cress or similar.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry this has happened to you. This is a popular scam that has been going on. Microsoft does not call customers regarding issues with computers, Please DO NOT call or let them have access to your computer, as they are probably installing spyware and other malicious items. Ignore their calls or block them and Report them to the Internet Crime Bureau here : http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Let me know if you need further assistance

Thank you