I cannot access my yahoo email, and I can't remember my

Customer Question
I cannot access my...

I cannot access my yahoo email, and I can't remember my security answers.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Yahoo account on any other devices?

I was.. but my phone died.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I just said above I created the account in 1999.. I can't remember the answers the the questions

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?

I keep going in a loop on yahoo "help" it's awful...

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Computer
8/3/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 9 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for using Just Answer. Can you please share your email address. Please note, we need your phone to be available so that the Authentication Key can be sent.

Thanks,

Kumar

yahoo email address I cannot access: ***@******.***
phone number ***********please help....
Hello?

Let me check and I'll get back.

Thanks,

Kumar

It does seem we cannot reset your account password ***** a different system. Are you logged in on your phone?

Thanks,

Kumar

It was. My phone died tuesday and I got a new one. They wiped my old one. I don't even have it anymore.

With an Account Key it would have been possible. Not a Problem, Just Answer in full of email experts, I'll opt out and allow a different user to share their expertise.

Thanks,

Kumar

Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 9 months ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Does your new phone have the same phone number as your old phone?

Thanks,

David.

But again, what Kumar said... I don't have an account key... because I set up this yahoo email in 1999...

There are ways to do this without an account key.

Next, please click the link below and enter your email address or mobile phone number on the account:

click here

i did... this is what I get:Uh-oh...We can't get sign you in on this device. Please try from the device you use most often.
I keep going in a loop.

Ok, just a moment...

Ok so is the "Uh-oh" error the same error you received when you first tried to recover your email account password?

no, it's when I kept trying over and over to answer the "security questions" I created in 1999.
Why don't you guys have direct access to yahoo people so we can verify this is my account. I tried contacting them. Referred to the help site. Useless. I wouldn't care... but about 5000 people email me at that address.

Ok, that is what I thought. After a number of failed attempts to recover the password, Yahoo will disable access to recover the password ***** 24 hours. After 24 hours you can then try again to reset your password.

Is the phone number you gave above also on the email account? If so the verification code method could be used to reset the password ***** only after 24 hours.

David... what does it matter? I can't remember my security ? answers.... 1999 I set up the***@******.***
Are we wasting our time here sir?

At this point you have to wait 24 hours and then will be able to access the online tools to reset your password. We will not be able to do anything for 24 hours.

So tomorrow go to the following link:

click here

and enter your email address and recovery phone number and then you should be able to recovery the account.

Yahoo also has a "last resort" form you can fill out if all else fails which they use to prove it is your account and reset the password ***** however you will not need to do that as long as the link above works when you try it tomorrow.

I've done that 10x since tuesday. Just a loop to no answers. I'm getting frustrated here. Do you have direct access to yahoo people or not?

The form I mentioned above is what you use for direct access to the Yahoo support technicians.

I did that. They referred me to the yahoo help. Which looped me back to the security questions.
on and on.

Ok I understand. At this point the account is blocked for 24 hours and you have already used the form so I am going to opt out as there are other JA experts that may have additional ideas.

I'll be in the same loop. This was a waste of time.
Tech Support Specialist: Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist replied 9 months ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist

Do you have a Windows based computer on which you accessed this Yahoo mail account?

Regards

Jins

but that computer is broken.

If we have access to that computer we can search that system for saved passwords and there is a chance for getting the password. If you do not have access to that system and do not have access to recovery phone and Email, only thing you can try is submitting the account recovery request form. There is no other option.

I understand that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me where I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Regards

Jins

Jins M. N.
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist