Michael
Michael, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  3 Years experience working on a helpdesk.
99604999

I keep bumping into things I can't do because of parental

Customer Question

I keep bumping into things I can't do because of parental control--which I never connected in the first place. Can't get wifi. Can't get ebooks that I bought via Amazon on my cell phone.
JA: Have you tried unplugging your router for about ten seconds? And what about other devices? Do they have connectivity?
Customer: Yes re router. Cell phone works fine as a book buyer and reader.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Want to get ebooks on my kindle. That's what's really important too me
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michael replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be the Expert assisting you today. I'm typing up my reply now and will return with it within the next few minutes!

Expert:  Michael replied 2 months ago.

Are you using a Kindle Fire? If so you should be able to swipe down from the top of the screen to show Quick Settings, and then tap More. Tap on parental controls and tap off. You will most likely need to enter your password ***** turn them off.

If it is not a Kindle please reply back with the type of device you are using so I can further troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks, Mike