Asus laptop screen rotate thru 90 degrees, X550C, windows…

Asus laptop screen rotate...

Asus laptop screen rotate thru 90 degrees

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Asus?

X550C, windows 10

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Asus? What troubleshooting have you tried?

About 3 years ago. Tried CTL plus ALT plus arrows

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?

I think I caused the problem by mistyping when attempting CTL plus ALT plus DEL

8/3/2017
Cris
Cris, Support Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Please try press the three following keys.

Hold CTRl ATL then press the up arrow key.

Let me know if this turns your screen back to normal.

No, nothing happened
No nothing happened

OK, try this.

At the bottom right of the screen click on the little arrow with additional options like WiFi strength, volume control... select Intel (R) HD Graphics, Select Graphics Properties, Select Basic Mode, Under Display, Select General Settings and last click on Rotation and change to Rotate to Normal.

If you don't see HP Graphics at the bottom right near the clock. Right click on the desktop and look for it on the menu.

Which little arrow - the aeroplane? Where is the desk top?

Right click on the desktop of your PC.

On the wall paper

If you need assistance I can provide you remote support on the PC with issue. You will just need to go to the link provided and download the software.

Sorry don't understand. "Wallpaper"?

On the desktop of your PC. Where your desktop icons are right click and a menu will appear.

OK cracked it! Thanks for your help and patience

Excellent! Your very welcome!

Glad I could help resolve your issue. Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top so I am credited for assisting you.

Thanks,

Cris

Cris
Cris, Support Specialist