Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

As I try to log into my facebook account using Google

Customer Question

Good morning. As I try to log into my facebook account using Google Chrome, instead of the facebook homepage appearing, I get a full page of different sort of symbols instead. I have tried to uninstall/re-install, restart computer, new window, etc. and nothing is changing
JA: When did you last update your Facebook?
Customer: How do you update your facebook on a laptop?
JA: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

When you see this page, if you look at the address at the top, does it show facebook.com in it at all?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it does
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Thanks

In Chrome, click on the three dots on the top right then click on Show Advance Settings at the bottom

then go to the bottom and click on reset

Once complete, try to sign into Facebook and tell me how it now performs please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Same results I have enclosed a pic of what appears after I type in www.facebook.com
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Can I connect to your computer to resolve this please? I will do it at no extra cost, I need to see more details and it is faster this way

Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
778 314 871
password *****
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hey there again. After restarting my computer, same thing occured. Could this be a bad virus?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

No it is not that

Can you remove the power to your wifi router.

Wait 5 minutes, then connect the power to it, again restart the computer and tell me how it functions

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Same thing....Hey I have to get ready for work is it possible we continue later on tonight?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Yes, but when you return I want you to do the following

close all programs.

Press the windows key (the one to the left of the left ALT key) + R and type in the run box that opens

rstrui

Press enter

Then follow the onscreen steps to choose a system restore and choose a date before this problem occurred.

Let it complete and tell me if it now functions correctly please

I will mark this qustion to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

and if you can take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you