My sister's computer has been hit by the Zeus malware and…

Customer Question
My sister's computer has...

My sister's computer has been hit by the Zeus malware and has locked up her computer. The message says not to turn off the computer and to call(###) ###-#### Is this a real number for Microsoft support?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

She has a dell and windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Just the automatic Microsoft ones.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?

She has been watching a lot of videos on Youtube.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/3/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert replied 1 year ago
Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a tech expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

This is an ongoing scam from India, nothing real and nothing is locked either. She should just restart the computer and the message will be gone. If you wish, I can also remotely connect to the computer afterward, to make sure that this message will not ever come up again. Please let me know what we should do.

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck