Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have only had my computer for three weeks and it has

Customer Question

I have only had my computer for three weeks and it has Windows 10.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?
Customer: I have a Del Inspiron 24 Model 3455. When I initially set it up my printer HP Envy 5540 all in one was working fine. Then after about two weeks the computer does not recognize the printer drive. The printer is on the setting but will not connect. I have check with HP and they say it is a computer problem. I was on line to the Geek squad for 3.5 hours and they said it was a problem with my internet service. I worked with the internet people yesterday and they said my internet is working fine. What I have gleaned from all this loading and unloading of the printer software is that when my Microsoft updated after about 2 weeks my computer no longer recognizes the printer. Does this sound like a familiar problem with Windows 10?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: The Windows 10 automatically updates whenever.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It just seems like the computer or Windows 10 does not recognize my printer driver.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 2 months ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a tech expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

Can you please first let me know how the printer is connected to the computer? Is that via USB or WIFI?

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck