I have two "window host process(Rundll32) running in task…

Customer Question
I have two "window...

I have two "window host process(Rundll32) running in task manager. should I?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Toshiba, satallite E45t

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I bought Kaspersky Total security and PC tuneup which was run yesterday

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Kaspersky Total Security?

I just bought t 7/29

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Kaspersky Total Security?

Run the full scan multiple times

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?

I get a very slow respond rate

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
8/2/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 11 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

Can you please check the Description of the two rundll32 files from task manager. Normally it says Windows Host Process (Rundll32).

Now to counter slowness, can you please do the following. Open Task Scheduler (click Windows Button and R, type Taskschd.msc), go to Microsoft > Windows > Application Experience.

You'll see ProgramDataUpdater. You can right click on it, go to Properties, Settings and Set 'Stop the task if it runs longer than' to 1 minute.

Please give a System Reboot and let me know.

Thanks,

Kumar

Please do let me know if it was helpful. At Just Answer, we believe in customer satisfaction. In case you need any assistance, please do let us know.

Thanks,

Kumar

Please let us know if you were able to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Kumar