My name is David.
Most likely a system restore will resolve the issue by rolling back the computer configuration to yesterday when it was working without issues.
1. Click the Windows Start button in the lower left corner of the computer desktop and type Control Panel in the Search box and press Enter.
2. In the Control Panel Window click Recovery then click Open System Restore.
3. Click the Next button then click a restore point from the list that is dated prior to today and click Next.
4. Click Next, click Finish, click Yes to start the System Restore.
5. Let the computer apply the restore and reboot.
6. Test to verify that the issue is resolved.
Please let me know if you have questions with any of the steps or need assistance with the procedure.
Also, please let me know the result.