A message came on my computer saying taht there was a virus…

Customer Question
A message came on...

A message came on my computer saying taht there was a virus that had to be removed and to call Microsoft at 1-***-***-**** for help to remove it.

Technician's Assistant: What Microsoft model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

I have windows 7 home premium

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

The message came up today. It was both verbal and in print. It said if I closed the page with out calling they would have disable my computer to protect their system. They said my credit card and e-mail information could be accessed. I shut my computer down and restated.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?

I think it is not an authentic Microsoft alert and ant to report it to you and get confirmation.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
8/2/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

It is a scam , restart computer and search for any infected programs and remove them.