Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

A message came on my computer saying taht there was a virus

Customer Question

A message came on my computer saying taht there was a virus that had to be removed and to call Microsoft at 1-***-***-**** for help to remove it.
JA: What Microsoft model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: I have windows 7 home premium
JA: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The message came up today. It was both verbal and in print. It said if I closed the page with out calling they would have disable my computer to protect their system. They said my credit card and e-mail information could be accessed. I shut my computer down and restated.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think it is not an authentic Microsoft alert and ant to report it to you and get confirmation.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 2 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

It is a scam , restart computer and search for any infected programs and remove them.