Power to my house was off yesterday - I shut down my dell…

Customer Question
Power to my house...

Power to my house was off yesterday - I shut down my dell desktop 4500 in advance. this morning p cpu wont turn on. the green light in the back is On. can you help?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Dell? And what operating system are you running?

Dell dimension 4500s - windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Not that I know of

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Computer
8/2/2017
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 9 months ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

To resolve the issue, unplug the PC from the wall and check to confirm that the green light in the back is off. Wait one minute. Next, unplug the power cord from the PC and then plug the power cord back in. Then plug the power cord into the wall. Press the power button to power up the computer - note you may have to press and hold down the power button to power up the computer.

Please let me know if the above procedure resolves the issue.

Thank you,

David.

David L
David L
David L, Systems Engineer