My computer is an HP PAvillion Desktop 510-p036...it's new…

Customer Question
Hi, my computer is...

Hi, my computer is an HP PAvillion Desktop 510-p036...it's new within the last few months but I cannot get the CD player to play CDs??

Technician's Assistant: What confuses you?

I put in the CD but nothing plays

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Pavilion?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your HP? What troubleshooting have you tried?

2 months ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?

Noope, that's it...thx

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/1/2017
Tech Support Specialist: John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

Do you do anything after inserting the CDs?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nope, just put the CD in, close it and nothing...am I missing something?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
SInce my computer is new, there should not be anything difficult correct?

Payment for your remote support request failed, but I can still help you access your CD through the chat.

Please do the following:

1. Click the yellow folder icon on the bottom of your screen
  2. On the left side of the window that opens, click "This PC"
  3. In this window you will see your CD listed, double click it to access

Please let me know if this works for you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nope, nothing shows there.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I put the CD in it like there is no movement or sound within the port itself

Has it worked prior to this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, it's a brand new computer and I never tried it before.

It may be a factory defect being that the drive is not even functioning

You should be able to hear the disc spin up when you close it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thx, I will take it back to Staples and have it looked at. I appreciate your help.

No problem!

Would you please rate my service today? There should be an option at the top of your screen

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They charged me $31...it went through just fine...LOL

You should see 3 charges total if the remote support charge went through

1 would be the $5 deposit

The second would be for my help

The third would be for the remote support

It's showing on my side that the remote support did not go through so you should only see 2 charges

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They charged me $5 and $31. It went through...I looked at my account online.

So there were only 2 charges then?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's all they told me it would be. What other charge should there be? I was told that the $5 was refundable then there would be a charge to connect. No other charges were mentioned.

Right! You are good then.

When I said the charge for the remote support did not go through it was for an optional service we provide, that's all

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am confused why it gives me a payment error then???

You may have accidentally requested the optional service. It attempted to charge you for it and it failed (it would have been a 3rd separate charge).

We did not do that service so you don't need to worry about it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No worries....Thanks again for trying to help.

No problem! I'd greatly appreciate it if you could fill out the rating at the top of your screen. Have a great day!