Our TV's aren't working. We keep getting a snowy screen. It…

Customer Question
Our TV's aren't working...

Our TV's aren't working. We keep getting a snowy screen.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?

It is a Visio Hisense, our second set is also a Visio and it just happened this morning about 10:30 AM. There is a statement saying No servers were detected, check your network connections.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

NO

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Computer
8/1/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Nathan, Systems Manager replied 9 months ago
Nathan, Systems Manager

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

How are you getting your tv service? Cable/satellite? What provider?

Century Link is our provider.

Okay, please unplug power to your century link modem/router, as well as all of the cable boxes.

Wait 5 minutes, plug the modem in first,

wait another 5, plug in the cable boxes,

give them time to start up (another 3-5 minutes usually) then test if you can get picture/sound on the cable channels at that point.

Let me know the results when you have a chance, please.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Nathan, Systems Manager