Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I do better asking for assistance on Skype issue, I am

Customer Question

I do better asking for assistance on Skype issue, I am trying to resolve, if I can address this in person. Is there a branch location in Sonoma county, where I may walk in and talk with someone?
JA: When did you last update Skype?
Customer: last week
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had an old Skype account. Wanted to use Skype. Forgot my password. Could not verify myself because I could not verify my old email or my old phone #. I have sense deleted old email and no longer have old phone #. So, I decided to start a new Skype account. I thought I did it successfully. Went to use my new Skype account on my computer and it did not work. Provided my person trying to contact me on my new account with Skype name (which I would like to verify - I think it is Greer Straatsma) and my current phone #. My person I wanted do do a Skype call with could not reach me. (for a while even my phone - when he tried calling me directly, said, "not accepting calls at this time"). I called out on my phone, to find out why he was not able to reach me on Skype. He mentioned he sent me an invite on Skype (I never saw an invite sent) and the phone message he received. His number is ***** my contacts. I tried to do what Skype told me for Skype to recognize him and allow him to call. This did not help. Luckily, he was able to reach me via phone, where I could receive a call from him, on my phone without using Skype. We had our meeting over the phone, without Skype. I sure would like to straighten this out and use Skype. Thanks
Category: Computer
Expert:  P. Kumar replied 2 months ago.

Thank You for choosing Just Answer.

As you have mentioned, you updated Skype. Can you please let me know which version of Skype you are currently using. You can find that depending on your version, either click on the My info tab at the bottom of the screen, then click Settings, and select About OR click Options in the bottom-left corner of the screen, then select About Skype.

Are you using a Windows Operating System or is it Mac? Please let me know these details and I'll assist you in getting this resolved.

Thanks,

Kumar

Expert:  P. Kumar replied 2 months ago.

Please let us know the above details so that I can assist you.

Thanks,

Kumar