I downloaded my Microsoft money 2007 to this computer(LENOVO…

Customer Question
I downloaded my Microsoft...

I downloaded my Microsoft money 2007 to this computer(LENOVO ideapad 110) however, I keep getting a error message that immediately shuts it down about 3 seconds after it is open....the message reads " A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." susan

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your Microsoft Money?

On this computer I have not ever been able to keep it open

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

This is a new laptop, so I tried to install it when I got it, about 4 months ago, & it has been sitting b/c MCSMoney is one of the programs I use the most...

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?

I'm probably not the most computer savvy person?-LOL

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/1/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 11 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

It can be tricky to work on windows 10 and such an old program, and you need to do the following please

Press Windows Key + R combination, type regedit in Run dialog box and hit Enter to open the Registry Editor.Regedit-W-10

Navigate to following registry location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WoW6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
Microsoft-Money-Windows-10-1

At this registry location, highlight the Internet Explorer key in the left pane. Then in corresponding right pane, look for the registry string named Version, its default value is set to 9.11.10240.16384. Double click on it to change its Value data.

Microsoft-Money-Windows-10-2

In the above box, change the Value data and set it to 9.11.10240.0.

Click OK, restart your system to make changes effective. After rebooting the machine, open Microsoft Money and it should work fine now.

Let me know how you go please