Andrew Harris
Andrew Harris, Consultant
Experience:  I have Computer Hardware Technician Certification.
48727478

I have a programme imbedded in my Google search. When I

Customer Question

I have a programme imbedded in my Google search. When I double click my google icon the google search page will come up briefly and then switch to a page that says it can't be accessed. I press the top right cross and the search page comes back but when I enter a search for somethingand press search the same thing happens again with the nom accessible page. When I get this page up I see at the top of the page a website beginning with a 6 and when I click to find itd origin I get the google search lage up./ I am sorry if all this sounds complicated but I am hoping thrse details will help and you will be able to advise me as to a course of action to remove unwanted programs on my Googlr search. Also when the 'can't find' page comes up my avast programme comes up with ' threat detected ' but by running my Advanced System Care and Avast scand I am told that everything is OK. Many thanks in anticipation for your nhelp
JA: When could you last open your Avast software?
Customer: I can always open my Avast software as it does involve Google search.I accessed it yesterday ebening. Ny search problem started about a week ago.
JA: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Computer
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

On what type of device or computer is this happening?
What web browser are you using?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did write a reply to your question sating that my computer is running Windows 7 and Google Chrome is my search engine. Very soon after this the problem went away and the Google Chrome worked perfectly and still does. I have been informed ny your team that you hadn't accessed my computer as I'm perfectly sure you didn't without my knowledge. Are you in some way responsible for the welcome return to normality of my computer or if not, hardly believing that this is just coincidence, is it possible that others have accessed my computer.? It's just that I hear of so many nastys about at the moment that I do get worried when something unexpected happens. Thank you for your attention.Roy
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi Roy,

No, I haven't accessed your computer or invoked any changes at all, so it is purely coincidence :)

Or it may just have been a brief software glitch.
Let me know if you need anything else at all.

Pete.

Expert:  Andrew Harris replied 2 months ago.

May want to uninstall then reinstall the browser.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=ea82d82f-3d96-494d-8ca0-43b6574f181f