Well my hp computer had an auto Microsoft update which

Customer Question
Hello! Well my hp...

Hello! Well my hp computer had an auto Microsoft update which lasted 4 days at 40% so I decided to turn it off. Back on and went to 70% for two days. Then said it was removing the updates for 2 days. Now it boots up let's me sign in and freezes

Technician's Assistant: What device is frozen?

What can I do?

Technician's Assistant: The Technician will be able to walk you through that. What HP product do you have?

Pavillion 23 I purchased at best buy

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your HP product?

Just turn on and off several times

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
7/31/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10?

Try this for me and tell me your results, although we may need to roll it back.

Unplug the computer from the wall and take out the batter if applicable while the pc is on.

Hold down the power button for a full minute.

Put battery back in if applicable for your model, plug back into wall and restart normally.

Reply with results and questions above.

Hello Isaac,I believe it is windows 10 with all the app type windows. There is no battery, its a PC with touch screen. I did what you said and same thing, Boots up lets me sign in and the initial mouse click freezes up
I would like that but its frozen
i wont be able to see IP

When did this start for you?

Two weeks ago when widows did an auto update. But i need the durn thing

Try this for me. Its a timing trick. It may take a few tries.

Lets try to see if we have a date before this happened to restore. Its the fastest way.

Do NOT click factory reset.

Shut down the windows 10 computer, start it.. When it gets to the windows sign in screen, dont sign in.

Instead, left click the power button at the bottom right.

Then, hold down the shift key on your keyboard, and then click restart.

This should bring you to the blue screen menu.. Choose troubleshooting, advanced, and then choose system restore.

Once system restore loads, choose a restore point that was one day before this problem started and then carry out the system restore.

That should fix the issue, but if you get stuck or this doesnt work then please send a detailed reply and I will assist you further as needed.

OK as it booted it came up with a screen that said restart or advanced options. On option is reset. I went to the advanced found restore. It said it will restore to a point before the windows critical update. I will see what happens thank you!

Perfect! This should get you going again.

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am listed as successful and credited by the companies ledger

of solutions finished. If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue as opposed to closing out the question and email

updates between us.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Also, if it comes up and you have any issues, let me know. Whatever you do. Do NOT stop that restore. Even if it looks stuck.

It will corrupt your windows.

updates between us.

Thank you,

~Franklin