I just got a message saying that my PC is compromised. It…

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a message saying that my PC is compromised. It said I should call an 877 77---number sorry I didn't write it down,

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

DEll

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?

No this just happened

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/31/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

It is a scam do not call that number check your computer for any infections. If you want i can connect remotely and do it for you.