This is a brand new computer and I had Skype installed. I…

Customer Question
Hi, This is a...

Hi, This is a brand new computer and I had Skype installed. I can sign in, but do not remember my password. I use Skype on my ipad. My problem is they ask for my Microsoft account number, do not know it so cannot reset or retrieve my passwordl

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

Dell Inspiron

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No, had the computer a week

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
7/31/2017
Tech Support Specialist: John, Computer Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
John, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today.

How old is this skype account ?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

I cannot remember, at least 7 years...

Do you still have access to the email account that used for opening this skype account ?

it is a simple question no need for remote assistance. Why would that even be a consideration?????

The remote support offer is not send by me its a site automated message so you can ignore it and continue in this chat page.

have you tried password ***** using web link ?

Good. I was beginning to distrust this site

No need we have A+ from BBB.

I forgot my password. It is automatic on my ipad. This all started when I said I forgot my password. I was asked my Microsoft account number and I do not know that. I end up in an endless loop.

OK

I do not know how to do that

one moment i will give you the link

Please try this link : - https://a.login.skype.com/diagnostics give your skype id and then click on continue and let me know what it shows.

Could not find you for a sec. It tells me I am already sighed on

Which web browser are you using to open that link i gave above ?

edge

OK in that case may i remote access to your computer and try to recover the password ***** the browser.I will do the remote support without additional charge.It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC.Let me know.

Just a sec, I have had so many tekkies on this computer. It may be Chrome with edge as the default one. Chrome was my former browser. Should I try the link on Chrome

Yes please

Also if you do not trust our tech support you can check it.We have been online for more than 10 years and we have A+ rating from Better Business Bureau which you can check using this link : - https://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403#bbbseal

let me know how it goes in chrome.

I got to a Directory page - how to reset password, etc

The link i gave actually opens the problem sign in page but you got how to reset password ***** ?

Are you still there?

Yes and i had replied to you above i will resend the reply.

Sorry I got to a google page. The first one is the Skype diagnostics

OK enter your skype id in it and click on continue and let me know what it shows.

It will not work. It is the same problem
They ask for my password, I say I forgot .......AEggggghhhh!!!!!!

But you are signed in edge browser am i correct ?

are you there
no, i think ir was chrome
maybe you should do this remote?

Thanks i will send the link in a moment.

To do remote support please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=a7859ce0-0e3f-49f7-ad03-9152a5b36106 that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

I cannot connect. I downloaded the file, never asked a question, it had a popup that said Apps could only be downloaded by the store

Are you chatting to me from the new computer and is it loaded with windows 10 ?

Please go to your downloads folder and open Elisnore Screen Connect Client from there.

If you do not know how to access downloads folder,use the search option in start and look for downloads.let me know.

I am close to tears. I cannot find the search button

No need to worry i will help you.

Press windows key + e key on the keyboard that will open file explorer from that you can find downloads folder.

Please try it and let me know.

I hate this computer. Do you mean - open windows and press e?
Found it,,, explorer that is

Good now look for a downloads folder and then look for Elisnore Screen Connect Client in downloads folder and open it.

wierd. end up in settings. Having defied the "store" Pressed the download but now three files and not sure what to do

You mean you have 3 Elisnore Screen Connect Client files in download if so open anyone of it and run it.

I clicked on it and NOTHING will try once more

OK it might be running on the back of the browser windows so minimize it and check it.

No it does not work, again a bloody tings file.Minimize and check it?????? Beyond me, I think we have to give up

One moment we will try another remote support tool

Its a simpler one than the one i gave.One moment please.

Here is another tool to do remote support it’s called Team Viewer, to download it click on this link https://download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe download, and then open it. Let me know the id and password it shows. Do not close the Team-Viewer window or this chat page. Closing the Team-viewer window will terminate the remote session too so please do not close Team-Viewer window after you give me the id and password. When you send me the id please insert space in-between the digits like 1 2 3 4 5 6

John, I am freaking out. I started wanting to reset my password ***** 1.5 hrs later I am trying to install another remote access. I give up. I will take my computer to microsoft and start there. So, thank you. I know you have been trying to help me, but a simple request should have a simple answer. Shame on skype. Best, ***** *****

The simple method is to reset using the link i gave but you couldn't do it and that is why i gave you the remote support option which also couldn't do so i am not sure how to help you.Sorry if i couldn't be of much help.I tried all possible options.

Sincerely,

john

Andy, Computer Consultant