I am buying a new computer and want to find out if I have…

Customer Question
I am buying a...

I am buying a new computer and want to find out if I have Norton through Century link?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

The new one is at Stapels getting set up It is HP . I don't know what operating system means. I need to find out what virus protection I need to buy.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?

I bought a new Hp computer becauuse the old one won't get internet and is so old anyway.My new router is messed up too but I thought I should wait until I get the new computer plugged in. before I try getting the router working properly. I have two computers and one is a tower. I want the new laptop so I can move around withit.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/31/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 11 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

It depends on your subscription level that you have with Century but most do allow for it and up to 5 computers.

You can download and install it here

https://internethelp.centurylink.com/internethelp/security-download-norton.html

Let me know please how you go

Thank you