I changed to a new phone from an apple5 to an apple 7. On…

Customer Question
I changed to a...

I changed to a new phone from an apple5 to an apple 7. On one of my emails I forgot my password. I typed in my other emails for it but it says it does not recognize my email.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

I never used my password ***** I was always using it from my phone. Never needed it.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

The problems started a week ago as my apple 5 keyboard did not display numbers anymore. So I went to a Verizon store and got a new phone. The guy there had a problem transferring my information. First I did not have my Apple ID and the passwords to five of the ten emails it was impossible to get to the passwords. I ended up till 1 am at the manhattan Apple Store getting a new apple account.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?

This is my only concern now

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
7/31/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is***** me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

It sounds like you rapple id and password ***** good to go from what I am reading but its possibly a specific email password ***** not sure on, what is the email address that belongs to the password ***** are not sure on?

I am wondering why when I give in my other emails and they send me a code and I type in that code number, it says that it's not my email.

Thank you. OK then, what you can need to do is go to https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery and enter your email address or phone number that may be associated with the account. Then follow the onscreen questions that google may ask you. You can always click the "try a different question" if you are not sure of a question to then be asked a new one.

Oh so you were already @ the website I might have sent to you it sounds like.

I did all that but it keeps coming up wrong password. I guess I will have to go to a computer store with my phone
Computer stores will not know your gmail password ***** the only way to retrieve your google account is through his website method. Your phone is not the issue. It's only working and showing you your emails because like you said you haven't had to type in your password. Therefore, any other device you try and use with your gmail account or even a computer will not work because only you can go thru the google website and retrieve your password ***** your email.

It has been a couple days without a response so I will release this question to other experts in hopes that you may return at a later time.

Thanks for your time.

Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Josh, Support Specialist

Do you still need help with your issue?

Josh, Support Specialist