When I convert a Word document to a PDF and save the file, I…

Customer Question
When I convert a...

When I convert a Word document to a PDF and save the file, I get a wierd file tab name at the top of the PDF document when I open the new PDF document - such as klgjn;dvjbdklfgvjd;lgjmero;? I have a file that I can send to you so you will see what I am talking about if I need to.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Word are you using?

HP Pavilion, 2016 Office

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No, this is a new computer

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?

This is happening when I save Word documents to PDF's and when my co-workers save them to PDF's. So, not just on my computer.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
Just attached the PDF file that has this wierd tab at the top when the file is opened.
7/31/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Thank you

What version of word / office are you using?

And also, what pdf program are you using, or PDF conversion plugin / tool?

Thank you for your response

Dustin S

Word/Office 2016. I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro to save the word file as a PDF.

Understood.

Are you able to help me with this?
Haven't heard back from you on this issue.

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you. If youre still online, lets continue working on the issue.

Otherwise, ill be working all day today / tommorow so get back to me when you are ready to continue.

Dustin S

I am on line off and on all day today. Please let me know if you can tell me how to correct this problem. My boss is asking me to figure this out for her. She has converted several Word documents to PDF's and when you open the files, you get the weird tab at the top. I attached a sample document for you to see what I'm talking about. I have asked her to let me know if this is happening when she is printing these documents to a PDF or when she is actually saving them to a PDF. I need to get an answer to her this morning. Have you experienced this problem? Please look at the attachment that I sent so you will see what I am referring to. I will be checking my email off and on for the next few hours, then I'll be at my desk for several hours. It is only 6:00am where I am (mountain time). Please let me know if you can help me, or direct me to someone that can answer this question. I have looked on-line and cannot find any answers to this exact issue. Thank you.

It may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support alone?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S

No, I do not allow anyone to remote in to my computer. I do not trust anyone. Can you answer this question or not? If you cannot, then you will need to credit my credit card for the $5.00 fee. Please update. If this is a scam, I will report you.

This may take several attempts,

Try saving the word document in a different, standard font. Then export to PDF, and see if the weird letters are gone.

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am credited for assisting you.

If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Sr. Technician and former Network Switching System operator & maintainer with the US Signal Corp, (abn)

How do you save the word document in a different, standard font? Are you referring to the font that the document was created in? If so, the document was created in Calibri, font size 12.

Try saving in times new roman. Then converting to pdf