How to replace lost password on Dell laptop running

Customer Question
How to replace lost...

How to replace lost password ***** Dell laptop running Microsoft Vista Basic ?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

Dell Inspiron 1525

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No, laptop not started for ten months

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
7/30/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Martin, Network Engineer replied 11 months ago
Martin, Network Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Dell computer.

You need to create a boot disc from another computer using HBCD.

Click on the following link to get HBCD (Hiren's Boot CD):

http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/

Scroll down and click where it says Hirens.BootCD.15.2.zip to download the file.

You need to burn it on to a CD which will then allow you to use it as a boot disk.

Once you've made the CD, you need to boot from it and boot into the MiniXP environment.

From there you will have the option to do all sorts of things, one of them being a password ***** of any account on the system.

Here's a video showing you how to reset the Windows password:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoYv1H6-E98

Once the password ***** been reset, you simply restart, remove the CD, and login with the newly created password.

Let me know how you go.