I am getting a malware virue saying they are from you for me…

Customer Question
I am getting a...

I am getting a malware virue saying they are from you for me to call

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

HP

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No I have been getting that they are from you 18882481613b and I cannot get rid of if it my veriozon internet says my PC is secure what can I do

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
7/30/2017
Tech Support Specialist: ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast replied 6 months ago
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today!

These virus warnings are NOT legitimate. This is a scam that is going around right now where you'll get a pop up message saying that you have a virus or your computer has been hacked or something else along these lines and that you need to call a number to get it fixed. This is just a ploy to get money from you.

Sometimes these companies will claim to be affiliated with Microsoft or HP or some other well known company but this is a lie. Microsoft has issued a statement that all customer interaction with the company must be initiated by the customer. No one is monitoring your computer for problems.

If you get these pop ups, you can usually just close them out via the Task Manager by following these steps:

1. Hold Ctrl+Alt+Delete on your keyboard and select Task Manager in the menu.

2. In the Task Manager window, click on the name of your web browser and then click End Task in the lower right corner.

That should close the message out. If that doesn't work, then just hold the power button down on the computer for 5 to 10 seconds and do a hard shut down on the machine. When you bring it back up, the messages should be gone.

Definitely do not call the number or hand over any money.

If you have any other questions on this, just let me know.

NOTE: If you have no further questions at this time, please use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 STARS/OK SERVICE or better to end our session for now (just click with your mouse to rate). I will stand by until the answer has been rated.

Are you still with me? Do you have any further questions on this?

If you have no further questions, please remember to rate the answer to close out our session.

Customer, our session has still not been closed out. Do you have any more questions on this?

If not, you will see a rating box at the top of the page. Please just rate the answer 3 STARS or better for me to go ahead and close the question out.

ChrisC
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast