How do I recover a .DOCX in Windows 10 I saved over? HP

Customer Question
How do I recover...

How do I recover a .DOCX in Windows 10 I saved over?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

HP laptop and Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What HP model do you have?

Pavillion

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your HP? Have you installed any updates recently?

No I hit savem rather than save as whe nI modified a document

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?

No, just if I can go back to "original doc

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
7/30/2017
Tech Support Specialist: R Hefner, Computer Engineer and Instructor replied 1 year ago
R Hefner
R Hefner, Computer Engineer and Instructor

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Do you remember the name of the original docx?

The auto recovery files are at C:\\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming/Microsoft/Word

Also if you close word and then reopn word, it usually will show the recent documents. Now if you hit save instead of save as then the most recent document would be the information that you saved.