Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Hangout disappeared from gmail account-how do I get it back?

Customer Question

hangout disappeared from gmail account-how do I get it back?
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: just today
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It was there last night when I went to bed gone in the morning---is it on vacation lol?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

How are you accessing the gmail and in what browser if you are on a pc?

What browser are you using? firefox/chrome/safari/internet explorer/edge?

Dark blue e is for edge on the taskbar. Light blue e is internet explorer on 10.

Firefox is a blue globe with an orange fox on it and Chrome is a red/green/yellow/blue circle.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
windows 8.1; Dell Inspiron 600; Google is my browser
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
can't afford at this time--retired and living low fixed income

Google is a search engine. What icon for browser are you using when you go to the internet?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
chrome

If you are seeing a remote offer, it is set up by the system. Just disregard it as we are only using written for you and i

to communicate.

Try this for me.

Open Google Chrome, click on the three dots on the top right, then Settings, Tools, Task Manager. Turn off the Hangout Extensions.

Close it out unless it says it has an error. Then restart your computer and shut all the way down and go back to your gmail to look

for your extensions for hangout. If it isnt there, use the same steps above to enable it again and close/reopen your gmail.
Send me the results in a reply.

Were you able to reboot and follow the instructions i sent for you?