I inserted a flash drive into a port but I can't see the…

Customer Question
I inserted a flash...

I inserted a flash drive into a port but I can't see the icon to open the drive.

Technician's Assistant: What are you having trouble accessing or opening?

The documents on a flash drive

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Lenovo ideapad 700 I'm not sure of OS

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

This is the first time I have tried to open a flash drive. I can get to the documents on it, but I have to go to word and open the folder. But when I close the document, I have to repeat the whole process in order to get to the next document

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so but something may occur to me.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/29/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

Please click on the yellow folder icon on your taskbar at the bottom of the screen, and then click "This PC" on the left side on the folder window that comes up.

Do you see your flash drive icon listed there?

Please reply at the box below; thank you.