Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have just been contacted by a Jacob from People Connect

Customer Question

I have just been contacted by a Jacob Morgan from People Connect USA. He says he provides technical support for Microsoft and was calling about a significant number of error reports that my computer has received over the past period of time. Given the errors had not been corrected, he was calling to assist me in rectifying the problem.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Is this person legitimate; should I follow his instructions?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Recently updated my AVG software
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just wwant to know iof this guy is legitimate or is this a scam?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

That call was a complete scam call.

Did you allow that person to access your computer, or did you install any files or programs they sent you, or give them any of your passwords, or credit card details?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no... i gave him nothing and hung up on him twice. he said the error had something to do with my drivers needing to be upgraded
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm going to take it in to have it looked at. thanks for your time. bye
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

I have no way of knowing whether or not your computer has an issue. But I can take a look at it for you, see if everything is in good running order.

Our company maintains an A+ rating with the better business bureau. Would you like me to connect and look at the computer and see if it needs any maintaince, or speak to you over the phone and guide you through some repairs yourself?

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am credited for assisting you.

If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Sr. Technician and former Network Switching System operator & maintainer with the US Signal Corp, (abn)

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.
Hello again, I never heard back from you, if you still need help with this issue please respond. If my suggestions fixed the issue, you need to click and submit a 5 star rating to close this session and credit me with assisting you. If you no longer want help, I still need you to reply so we can cancel this session and send you the refund link. Thank you, Dustin SHello again, I never heard back from you, if you still need help with this issue please respond. If you no longer want help, I still need you to reply so we can cancel this session and send you the refund link. Thank you, Dustin S