Popup saying I have a dangerous virus. The popup site of…

Customer Question
Popup saying I have...

Popup saying I have a dangerous virus. The popup site of origin will not relinquish control. Only way I can get control is to cut off the computer. The pop up says to call 1(###) ###-####to have a technician talk me through the problem

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

OS = a 10. Computer is a refurbished Dell.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/29/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Computer Expert replied 11 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

First off, do not call that number. If you do so, they will do their best to rip you off for a very large amount of money.

What you see on the screen is an advertisement. Simply press and hold the Power button on your computer until it turns off and turn it back on. Once you do that the advertisement will vanish and you will be in the clear.

If you have any questions, please, let me know.

Rating me on the top of the page doesn't cost anything extra. Rating is how I am given credit. If you don't rate, doesn't give you a refund.

I would really appreciate it if, you could take a moment and rate me on the top of this page by clicking the Stars and clicking the Submit button on the top of this page.

Thank you,
***** *****

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with --For ***** ***** Only!--

My Profile page:
http://JasonFixedit.com