Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I can't retrive my Google account password. Help me? Thanks

Customer Question

Hello My name is ***** ***** I can't retrive my Google account password. Help me? Thanks Julius
Category: Computer
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

What recovery email are you trying to get back for gmail?

How do you usually access your email? Email client such as windows live, (built in email app

on the computer itself that looks like an envelope) Thunderbird? Using a regular browser such

as Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome etc?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Hello Issac,

I am using my work computer windows 7 at *****@******.***

That is your gmail you are trying to get into?

Did you ever auto sign in with that email you are trying to recover on your computer at work?

It may have 'stored' your password ***** we can reveal it depending on how you accessed your gmail.

That is not coming up as gmail or hotmail. I am not sure of the email you sent or the significance?

Please advise?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

I have a google account and a gmail account. I am pretty sure that it is back up some where. I am not as savy with computers as you are. Isaacc can you help me with getting my new s8 phone started? Julius

Yes, which email is attached to your s8 that you are trying to set it up with?

Is that what you need to get started on your phone?

I need to know exactly where you 'are' in the set up.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

I had to restart my s8. I have a google account with my phone and I am at the very start when you by a new phone. It say welcome and I hit start, then it goes to my Wi-Fi, Then I hit next and go to terms and conditions agree to all, hit next and that is wher I am so far. I have att and I am in a 5 story building where I have to go out side to get a signal. This wher I am "Couldn't sign in " There was a problem communicating with googl servers. Try again later. I can not go any futher. Julius

Ok, that is usually a password ***** We need to try to recover your google account

before we try it on the phone. Do not attempt it anymore. It may lock you out for a day

and you wont be able to bypass it.

Have you tried to reset the password ***** to that email yet?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

No, I would like to though. Julius

Ok, go to a web browser for me. If your email you need to reset is gmail for your phone, continue. If it is something like

outlook/hotmail etc for google, reply back as the instructions are different.

Use this link:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/41078?hl=en

Reset your password

1. Go to the Account support page.
  2. Follow the instructions. You'll be asked some questions to confirm it's your account and an email will be sent to you. If you don’t get an email:
  • Check your Spam or Bulk Mail folders
  • Add *****@******.*** to your address book.
  • Request another email.
  • Check all email addresses you might've used to sign up or sign in to your account.

3. Choose a password ***** you haven't already used with this account.

Ok, try this for me and tell me if you get any errors when resetting the password.