I have been trying to reset my mom's computer password

Customer Question
I have been trying...

I have been trying to reset my mom's computer password ***** get it done can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

This is a Latitude D630 running on Windows7

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?

I think if I can get her password ***** should be good to go

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
7/29/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Martin, Network Engineer replied 1 year ago
Martin, Network Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Do you have access to the computer with any other user accounts or are you locked out completely?

Hello, I haven't received any replies from you - here are some instructions you can follow to create a bootable disc which will let you reset the password ***** any Windows computer.

Click on the following link to get HBCD (Hiren's Boot CD):

http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/

Scroll down and click where it says Hirens.BootCD.15.2.zip to download the file.

You need to burn it on to a CD which will then allow you to use it as a boot disk.

Once you've made the CD, you need to boot from it and boot into the MiniXP environment.

From there you will have the option to do all sorts of things, one of them being a password ***** of any account on the system.

Here's a video showing you how to reset the Windows password:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoYv1H6-E98

Once the password ***** been reset, you simply restart, remove the CD, and login with the newly created password.