I have a large genealogical file half a gig that was created…

Customer Question
I have a large...

I have a large genealogical file half a gig that was created on a windows seven machine, my new computer is an acer with windows 10. I cannot open my file on any computer in the house. Message is "there is not enough memory to open this file". I have 8 gig of memory open for working my files. Is it possible I need to convert my new computer to a windows seven? If so how would I do it? It came with windows installed.

Technician's Assistant: What are you having trouble accessing or opening?

A word document .rtf

Technician's Assistant: What Acer model do you have?

Aspire desktop

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Aspire? Have you installed any updates recently?

As far as I know I should be up to date. But I tried this on two other computers with the same results

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
7/28/2017
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 11 months ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Try opening the file again and this time when the error appears, after acknowledging the error click the File menu then Save As then in the window that appears click the Save As Type drop down box and select Word Document and then save the file. Since the file is very large make sure the hard drive has enough space to save the file. Once the file is saved attempt to open the file in Word and it should open.

Please let me know the result.

Thanks,

David.