Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I get "plugin blocked" in upper right of screen when I try

Customer Question

I get "plugin blocked" in upper right of screen when I try to watch streaming video for CNBC, MSNBC, NFLgo, and some other sites. I can still get some other channels over my computer, but recently I've been getting that "pug blocked message on some of my favorite sites. I talked for a long time to apple support, but he did all he could, and said it was something in google chrome that was doing this. I called google support, but that guy said he couldn't help me with google chrome, because it is a free service. He told me to go to this website.
JA: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to Google?
Customer: I click on, say, CNBC, and get "plain blocked" in upper right of screen. This happens on some stations, but not others. I can still get Bloomberg, for example.
JA: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?
Customer: It is a DSL phone line, rather than high speed internet, but it was working OK until recently. I had a couple of power outages recently, which shut everything off. Wouldn't that be the same as unplugging the modem?
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 2 months ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.

Regards
Jins

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is that like "screen sharing" that I just did with applecare? Can I talk to you on the phone at same time?

It is like a Screen Sharing thing. It seems you requested for Remote Support, but there is some kind of Payment related problem. So please fix it and then we can continue with remote support.